Whoever rectifies that which is between himself and Allah, Allah shall rectify that which is between that person and His creation (spouse, children, business, etc). (Hadith) Whoever's greatest concern is this world then Allah will scatter his affairs. But who makes the next world his goal, Allah will bring his affairs together. (Hadith) |
These two Hadith teach us the priorities of life which will lead to success. We more often than not get them mixed up. Money in itself is not evil. Money provides food for the hungry, medicine for the sick, clothes for the needy. But it is only a medium.
In 1923, eight of the wealthiest people in the world met. Their wealth exceeded that of the US government. What happened 25 years on:
1. President of the largest steel company, Charles Schwab, lived on borrowed capital for five years before he died bankrupt.
2. President of the largest gas company, Howard Hubson, went insane.
3. One of the greatest commodity traders, Arthur Cutton, died insolvent.
4. President of the New York Stock Exchange, Richard Whitney, was sent to jail.
5. A member of the President's Cabinet, Albert Fall, was pardoned from jail to go home and die in peace.
6. The greatest ‘bear’ on Wall Street, Jessie Livermore, committed suicide.
7. President of the world's greatest monopoly, Ivar Krueger, committed suicide.
8. President of the Bank of International Settlement, Leon Fraser, committed suicide.
Adapted from Radio Islam Enewsletter
|< Prev||Next >|